Researchers or students new to the University may have to request access to the AURA-IRB system by sending a message to the AURA helpdesk. Please include your name, department, University position, and CNET ID to AURA-Help@uchicago.edu and a member of the AURA team will contact you.
Once you are a registered user in AURA, you may log in to the system to create a new study application or view protocol study application to which you have been given access.
In addition to answering the protocol questions, the following items, when applicable, should accompany your AURA-IRB protocol submission. Documents can be uploaded and attached to your protocol directly in AURA-IRB.
- Recruitment scripts, flyers, and other recruitment materials
- Informed consent and child assent scripts or documents
- Questionnaires, surveys, and/or interview questions or guides
- Grant applications/proposals that support the research project
- A description of the research procedures; and
- Copies of any IRB approvals from other institutions that are collaborating on the research study.
For information on the human subjects protection training requirement, please see /page/human-subjects-protection-training-requirement
After all appropriate questions are answered in your application and all documents have been uploaded, the protocol will be ready for submission.
The Principal Investigator (PI) must endorse the submission in AURA before it is sent to the IRB Office for review. Under University of Chicago policy, students are not allowed to serve as the Principal Investigator on a research study. Thus, student researchers should forward their protocols to the PI for endorsement in the AURA system. When the PI has endorsed the submission, it will come to the IRB's inbox for processing.